Since it started in 2003, WordPress has grown into the largest self-hosted blogging tool on the planet. It was created by and for its community as an open-source project, meaning that WordPress software is constantly updated by hundreds of leading developers around the world.
One of the key benefits of WordPress is that you can use it for something as simple as a small business site to a multinational company platform without paying a license fee. Used by millions of websites, WordPress serves the smallest blogs to huge brand names including Flickr, CNN and eBay.
Consider 8 ways Kuhlabo uses WordPress to expand your business
- Private or Public Social Network: WordPress is excellent in creating an online community for your company or customers. You can convert your website into a social networking platform with member profiles, user-generated blogs and groups, private messaging, notifications and more.
- Member Website: If your organization runs on a membership revenue model, WordPress offers a login system that is available upon installation. This functionality allows you to filter access to specific content and files based on membership levels or specific user credentials.
- Directory: You can use WordPress to create various directories, including a business directory, membership directory or real estate directory.
- Event or Conference Website: WordPress serves your event needs using custom themes to create a fully-functional event or a conference website, including an e-commerce platform like PayPal to accept payments from your delegates.
- e-commerce Website: WordPress allows you to create a robust online store. Utilizing plugins such as WooCommerce allows you to be in charge of your extensive online store.
- Gallery or Image Viewer: Designers and photographers can showcase their work via a stunning portfolio website for potential clients to view.
- Contest Website: Run multiple contests on WordPress, with voting functionality for specific content. Earn subscriptions from your target community through attractive offers and incentives.
- Online Business Card or Resume: Go beyond LinkedIn to highlight your career achievements by turning your WordPress site into your online business card or resume, complete with a portfolio of your work.
Kuhlabo recommends updating your current website on WordPress to ensure an engaging user experience (UX) for your clients on their mobile devices. Contact us today to learn how WordPress can help you expand your business. Follow @Kuhlabo on Twitter or give us a call today.